Federica Paladini received her master degree in Materials Engineering in 2007 and her Ph.D. in Materials Engineering in 2013 at the University of Salento, Lecce. Since 2009, she has been a member of the Department of Engineering for Innovation at the University of Salento and, since 2011, she is visiting scientist at the School of Pharmacy and Biomolecular Science at the University of Brighton, UK. Since 2013, she is a research fellow in Materials Science and Technology at the University of Salento. She is also Co-Founder of “CareSilk S.r.l.s.”, Start-up Company operating in the development of silk-based products for cosmetic and biomedical fields. Her research activities mainly focus on the development of advanced biomaterials with antimicrobial properties and in silk proteins-based biomaterials for application in tissue engineering and in the management of critical wounds.
- Surface functionalization and modification of biomaterials
- Antimicrobial treatments on natural and synthetic substrates
- In vivo and in vitro characterization of advanced biomedical devices with antibacterial properties
- Development of advanced wound dressings with antibacterial properties
- Development of silk-proteins based biomaterials for application in tissue engineering.